Startseite
Amiforce 2.1     Amiforce-News Amiforce-News Amiforce-Forum Amiforce-Forum Amiforce-Chat/IRC-Chat Amiforce-Chat/IRC-Chat Gästebuch Gästebuch Kontakt mit dem Webmaster aufnehmen Kontakt mit dem Webmaster aufnehmen

Amiblitz3
Amiblitz2(alt)
Storm Wizard
Abakus-Design
Helpguide
Toolsguide
Tipps&Tricks
Gamesfun
Links
Download
Musik

Bugfixes am Forum
Subdomains aktiviert
Counterscript entfernt
  Navigation:   Index / 
Amiforce Forum - My Amiga plans for 2009
Registrierung Häufig gestellte Fragen Suche Mitgliederliste Moderatoren und Administratoren Startseite Bugtracker Chat Irc
Amiforce Forum » AmiBlitz2/3 (Archiv) » Amiblitz2/3 (English) (Archiv) » My Amiga plans for 2009 » Hallo Gast [registrieren|anmelden]
« Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema » Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Autor
Beitrag
Der_Wanderer
Foren Gott

Herkunft: Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg
My Amiga plans for 2009Antwort mit Zitat Beitrag editieren/löschen Nach weiteren Beiträgen von Der_Wanderer suchen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden        IP Adresse Zum Anfang der Seite springen

My Amiga plans for 2009
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A new year begins and it is time to summarize my Amiga activities and re-think about what's next and what's not.

Note that all the things below here are only plans, in a loose order. They might be turned in reality, they might stay plans. I do this in my spare time, so it's all a trade off between fun and reason, while fun is mandatory and reason optionally.

NTUI
NTUI is a new GUI toolkit, written in Amiblitz3. It is easy to program, does not need a lot of 3rd party software (only Cybergfx for now) and will run on all modern and semi-modern Amiga-like platforms that can handle 68K code. I will also push any activity converting the code to C and compile native versions. This is easy, because NTUI is written in C-style.

I will finish NTUI to an extent that it is nicely usable.
This will include
- all important Widgets
- keyboard support
- mouse wheel support
- AREXX port
- workbench app-functionality (Drag&Drop)
- efficient, cross-application image caching
- 8bit gfx support
- context sensitive Mouse Pointer
- a prefs program
- a WYSIWIG GUI editor
- skin support
- Window Manager replacement for extended functionality (will use AfA Skins and Amiga-like fall back)
- release as AB3 sourcecode and Amiga Shared Library (ntui.library)

PosTED
PosTED is a reminder tool for the workbench. It uses TUI, and might become NTUI. It works fine and the project is finished, so this has low priority for me.

TuiTED
TuiTED is a texteditor done in TUI, featuring C/C++, AB3, MonkeyScript and HTML highlightning.
TuiTED might bekommt NTuiTED ;-) This is important to test the TextBox widget intensively. I use TuiTED almost every day, so an NTuiTED would be quite cool.

Amiblitz3
I might have a look into Amiblitz3 sourcecode from time to time. But don't expect new feature from me, I leave this for Sven and Bernd. I might do bugfixes or speedups. A NTUI Gui would be a really cool thing for Amiblitz3, but I dont know if there is manpower for this. Most critical here is the TextEditor PED. This is highly mixed up with the source-code representation and can not easily be transfered to an "external" TextEditor that does "only" Text Editing and AB3 synthax highlightning. The PED stores the sourcecode in a very special way, and all the other functions in AB3 rely on this, such as the Debugger or the Compiler. However, it would be thinkale to keep the old texteditor and integrate is as a custom view widget, but then NTUI boils down to cosmetic enhancements, since StormWizzard is quite powerful too.

Includes
The development of the inlcudes will surly go on, bugfixes as well as new functionality. New includes will be implemented quasi "BlitzLib-Free". That means that I use only very basic BlitzLibs for functionality that could easily re-build in any other language, such as "Min/Max" etc. I will also re-implement some of the existing includes to get rid of BlitzLibs (arexx.include). The goal is to have all my programs BlitzLib free, so we can go theoretically multi-platform, if the AB3 compiler will support this one day. I have also ideas for a C-crosscompiler. A complete new "AmiBlitz4" would be thinkable, based only on Includes and GCC or new compiler. But too much work to be realistic in 2009.

bsdsocket
Because I got in touch with bsdsocket library in my work, I know now better how to use it and already perpared a wrapper include of bsdsocket.library for AB3. My plan is the use it for the tcp and http includes, and also add a network.include to allow easy network connectivity mainly for game. The motivation behind this is to get multiplayer support for VOW one day.

ActionPaint
ActionPaint should be an open-source 24bit paint/foto program. I will set up ActionPaint with NTUI GUI and add a bunch of important functions.
I won't make it a full blown graphics package this year, but if I get some help, it could become quite useful soon. I have already implemented a lot of low-level functionality that can be used, like high quality resizing, sharpen, contast, brightness, gamma, saturation, blur, dithering, layer mixing and many more.

ScreenCam
ScreenCam is a tool to create movies while doing something on your Amiga. This is very useful to create tutorials. It uses its own codec, that is highly optimized for that kind of movie. It needs some finishing touches and an NTUI GUI. I think about MPEG export, to be able to convert the movies to other formats. (and make them available to the rest of the works, e.g. YouTube).

Dieser Beitrag wurde von Der_Wanderer am 02.01.2009, 00:29 Uhr editiert.

02.01.2009, 00:15 Der_Wanderer ist offline   Profil von Der_Wanderer Füge Der_Wanderer deiner Freunde-Liste hinzu Email an Der_Wanderer senden Homepage von Der_Wanderer
Der_Wanderer
Foren Gott

Antwort mit Zitat Beitrag editieren/löschen Nach weiteren Beiträgen von Der_Wanderer suchen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden        IP Adresse Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Tutorials
I want to do following tutorials:
- a couple of AB3 Video (ScreenCam) tutorials
- a Voxel-Engine Tutorial (HTML)

Tech Demo of Voyage of the Wanderer
The Voyage of the Wanderer is my huge game project. It is an RPG with a lot of nice landscapes, graphics, characters and music, and tecnically challenging. There are several people helping me in the project. Most of my hobby activities support the creation of VOW in some direct or indirect way.

I want to set up a tech demo of VOW, that features at least:
- 3 Characters (Hero, Rancor and Earth Elemental)
- a Weapon for the Hero (Sword)
- 8x8 screen-sized map
- 2.5D graphics (2D, but with real 3D topology)
- Music

Voxel Intro for Voyage of the Wanderer
I am working on a Voxel Engine that should mainly serve for generating a Trailer Video which will also be the intro of the VOW game. Depending on the results, the engine might also be used in-game, however, this is subject of further research if that makes sense. While developing a faster engine than I have right now, I will write a tutorial about voxel graphics. (get your old math-books from school ready for some action!)

MapEdit
MapEdit will be improved to support topology (means height information and rendering => 2.5D) and events. I also think about an Animation Editor and Scriping Editor, but I am still not sure if the MapEdit is the right place for this or if there should not be another Editor for this.
MapEdit should bekome some kind of Standard Map Editor for AB3. Because is supports an easy readable XML Format, it is also suitable for other Map Engines (and other languages).

PerlinFX
PerlinFX is a tool to create procedural pattern graphics, that can be used e.g. for game level backgrounds.
PerlinFX does its job well too, but it might get some new filters from time to time, there are also plans to convert the TUI into NTUI GUI. In case of PerlinFX this is quite easy.

TreeGen
TreeGen is a tool to create procedural tree graphics or other plants.
I want to improve TreeGen to have a GUI and create a little forrest of trees for VOW.

AudioConverter, ImageConverter, Denoiser
There are a couple of CLI tools which do certain jobs for me. I dont know if anyone else uses them, but they are quite handy sometimes. I will surely add functionality here and there, as already happend in 2009 (ImageConverter got an illumination correction and blur filter, as well as free-angle rotation).

MonkeyScript
I reactivted MonkeyScript in 2008 and isolated it from the Click&Point Adventure dependencies for which it was designed for. Now it is a complete independent Scripting Language. It needs some finishing touches, but then it is a quite cool thing and will be used in VOW for sure. Maybe I will add editing functionality directly into MapEdit, but I am not sure if this is the right place for it.

ArTKanoid
Don't expect anything new here. It's finished.

AsteroidsTR
This is the reference game for the dbl.include. Whenever there are changes, I will recompile AsteroidsTR and maybe integrate new functionality. The game-play will not be extendet.

Toadies
Toadies is an OCS/AGA ChipSet based Worms Clone game.
There have been made attempts to convert it to RTG graphics. I for myself have no time to do that, but I will of course support such an attempt.

Dieser Beitrag wurde von Der_Wanderer am 02.01.2009, 00:32 Uhr editiert.

02.01.2009, 00:16 Der_Wanderer ist offline   Profil von Der_Wanderer Füge Der_Wanderer deiner Freunde-Liste hinzu Email an Der_Wanderer senden Homepage von Der_Wanderer
Der_Wanderer
Foren Gott

Antwort mit Zitat Beitrag editieren/löschen Nach weiteren Beiträgen von Der_Wanderer suchen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden        IP Adresse Zum Anfang der Seite springen

TKPlayer
TKPlayer is a small multi-format audio player with skins and is almost finished. The only thing that might happen in the future is support for more audio fileformats, especially MIDI through MidiMod is planned.

Giga Voice
Giga Voice is a new TTS (Text-to-Speech) Engine written from scratch by me. The only voice that exists till now is based on my own (German Voice). Since I might get paid one day for that work (it is of wider interesst than the Amiga Community), this has quite a high priority for me. If eventhing turns out like I plan, it will be available on Amiga for free. I am also planning a singing synthesizer based on the Giga Engine as a plugin for HD-Rec.

HD-Rec
I am planning to release HD-Rec for free. HD-Rec is quite mature now. I think about converting the TUI GUI into NTUI GUI. This is quite some work, it has a lot of Windows, so I don't know if this is worth. Before the V1.0 release, HD-Rec will completely go 24/8 bit audio processing. Therefor some of the DSP effects new a workover, but all other parts are already prepared for 24bit.

Sweeper
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sweeper is a software synthesizer plugin for HD-Rec.
I stopped development. It does its job already well. I will get a recompile from time to time, if the Incluces have been improved.

VM-49
The virtual masterkeyboard for HD-Rec is finished. It will only get recompiles.

New Software Synthesizer
If time allows, I will create a new synthesizer for HD-Rec. It will use all the things I learned when creating Sweeper, and will be of very high quality. It will support synthesized instruments, drums as well as samples.

MidiMod
MidiMod is a concept that came to my mind when trying to create game music that is in-expensive to playback and still highly characteristic like MOD music. MIDI music usually sounds kind of boring, as we all know, due to its concept (a set of 128 Instruments must work for all possible songs). But by adding samples via SysEx data, you can enrich it with samples, that will be used by the MidiMod engine. The engine itself will sound lo-fi like a MOD and will be very fast (CPU friendly) in playback. No tracker needed anymore to produce real-custom game music! As a side effect, I plan a small off-line synthesizer that is generationg all the General MIDI Instruments, in case a sample is missing. This way, MidiMod engine can also playback normal standard MIDI files.
There will be also a MidiMod software synthesizer plugin for HD-Rec that helps you composing and creating MidiMods, that can be used for cheap in-game music like MODs (but they are actually MIDIs).

Samplemanager
SampleManager is a closed chapter. It *might* get a NTUI GUI, and a re-compile if there is something interessting new, e.g. new fileformats.

FileManager
Because I am missing a decend file manager for OS3, I will probably write one. This is quite easy with NTUI.

Game Content
I think it would be nice to have a
- Gallery and a "random image" at the side of Amiforce Webpage
- Content page
The content page could be used as a sharing platform for graphics, music etc. I have a lot of pattern graphics that might be useful to other people, and others might contribute songs that can be used for games etc.
=>

Dieser Beitrag wurde von Der_Wanderer am 02.01.2009, 00:37 Uhr editiert.

02.01.2009, 00:17 Der_Wanderer ist offline   Profil von Der_Wanderer Füge Der_Wanderer deiner Freunde-Liste hinzu Email an Der_Wanderer senden Homepage von Der_Wanderer
Der_Wanderer
Foren Gott

Just to prevent rumors:

I have a life, too.

Good software design is the key to achive all those things in a short time.

02.01.2009, 09:20 Der_Wanderer ist offline   Profil von Der_Wanderer Füge Der_Wanderer deiner Freunde-Liste hinzu Email an Der_Wanderer senden Homepage von Der_Wanderer
mrodfr
Routinier

Herkunft: france
  Antwort mit Zitat Beitrag editieren/löschen Nach weiteren Beiträgen von mrodfr suchen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden        IP Adresse Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hello,

Verry, Verry, Verry Impressive ;-)

Have the idea to put the whole page as a news on a french news site I know. I can ?? ;-)

02.01.2009, 10:41 mrodfr ist offline   Profil von mrodfr Füge mrodfr deiner Freunde-Liste hinzu Email an mrodfr senden AIM Screenname: no YIM Screenname: no
Gast
unregistrierter Benutzer

Antwort mit Zitat Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden        IP Adresse Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Original von Der Wanderer
Just to prevent rumors:

I have a life, too.

Good software design is the key to achive all those things in a short time.

shure ?

this is a huge amount of software in your pipeline

for myself, i wait only for the releases of ntui and a new version of MapEdit...

then i can/will start with my little things that i planed...

02.01.2009, 14:43  
Der_Wanderer
Foren Gott

@Modfr
No. This is for Amiforce members only.

02.01.2009, 18:05 Der_Wanderer ist offline   Profil von Der_Wanderer Füge Der_Wanderer deiner Freunde-Liste hinzu Email an Der_Wanderer senden Homepage von Der_Wanderer
Honitos
König

Herkunft: Hambühren/Niedersachsen
  Antwort mit Zitat Beitrag editieren/löschen Nach weiteren Beiträgen von Honitos suchen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden        IP Adresse Zum Anfang der Seite springen

@Wanderer:

My plans for 2009 are therefore quiet easy to define:
Extract all editor code (almost asm) of PED an rewrite the whole stuff. First rewrite into AB3, later integration of a new powerful texteditor-engine.

When there will be a NTUI-WYSIWYG-Editor available:
Complete replacement of Stormwizard with nTui.

Ok, along the way I continue my efforts try to break away PED from the compiler and define a common (api-)interface for the compiler.

Dieser Beitrag wurde von Honitos am 03.01.2009, 15:29 Uhr editiert.

03.01.2009, 15:27 Honitos ist offline   Profil von Honitos Füge Honitos deiner Freunde-Liste hinzu Email an Honitos senden
HelmutH

Herkunft: Oberhausen/NRW
  Antwort mit Zitat Beitrag editieren/löschen Nach weiteren Beiträgen von HelmutH suchen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden        IP Adresse Zum Anfang der Seite springen

@Der Wanderer

WOW !!!

Dieser Beitrag wurde von HelmutH am 03.01.2009, 20:35 Uhr editiert.

03.01.2009, 20:34 HelmutH ist offline   Profil von HelmutH Füge HelmutH deiner Freunde-Liste hinzu Email an HelmutH senden
Der_Wanderer
Foren Gott

I know its a lot, but it is a one year plan, plus I may not do that all.
I forgot to mention some more tutorials, e.g. for MapEdit. Lets get ScreenCam running on my WinUAE (recording is still crappy)

03.01.2009, 20:53 Der_Wanderer ist offline   Profil von Der_Wanderer Füge Der_Wanderer deiner Freunde-Liste hinzu Email an Der_Wanderer senden Homepage von Der_Wanderer
Daedalus
Eroberer

Herkunft: Dublin, Ireland
  Antwort mit Zitat Beitrag editieren/löschen Nach weiteren Beiträgen von Daedalus suchen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden        IP Adresse Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Wow, that's a lot of stuff Wanderer, the best of luck tackling them! If only there were more of you in the Amiga world

03.01.2009, 23:14 Daedalus ist offline   Profil von Daedalus Füge Daedalus deiner Freunde-Liste hinzu Homepage von Daedalus
Andi
Routinier

Herkunft: Dresden/Sachsen
  Antwort mit Zitat Beitrag editieren/löschen Nach weiteren Beiträgen von Andi suchen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden        IP Adresse Zum Anfang der Seite springen

@Wanderer

Wow, really astonishing much projects. From what I know about you, you will get all this projects in right order with a proper project management.

For me every single project needs a good time management before. I hope your NTUI engine will soon be in a first release state with a quite constant function set to prevent to much adaptation in later ntui-enhancements.

Thanks for your efforts and keep up the great work!

04.01.2009, 15:40 Andi ist offline   Profil von Andi Füge Andi deiner Freunde-Liste hinzu Email an Andi senden
  « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Gehe zu: